General awarding conditions of a culture and communication scholarship
- To make their first application for a scholarship based on social criteria, the students must be less than 28 years on the 1st of September of the study or training year they ask a scholarship for.
- From the age of 28, the students can not stop their studies if they want to keep getting a scholarship.
- The age limit is extended of one year per raised child.
- The age limit can be changed in case of an extended civic service, army voluntary service or civil voluntary service.
- There is no age limit for the students suffering from a disability recognized by the Commission for the Rights and the Autonomy of Disabled Persons (CDAPH in French).
Students who can get a scholarship based on social criteria from the Department of Culture and Communication:
- French students
- Foreign students who have the nationality from one of the European Union State members or from another State being part of the European Economic Area or from the Swiss Confederation, and upon condition that they are concerned by at least one of the following criteria:
– previously had a full or part-time job in France. The activity has to be real and effective and must have been practiced as an employee or self-employee.
– prove that one of the parents or guardians received an income in France.
– testify a certain degree of integration in the French society. The degree of integration is assessed in particular by the length of the stay, the school years taken in France or even by the familial links in France.
– proof of a 5 years uninterrupted settled residence in France.
- Foreign students who have a refugee status recognized by the French Office for the right of asylum (OFPRA).
- Foreign students who possess a temporary residence permit or a visa, who have been living in France for at least 2 years and whose tax household (mother, father or guardian) has been located in France for at least two years. This last condition is assessed on the 1st of October of the university year the scholarship is asked for.
- Andorran students who followed a French school curriculum. Foreign students whom parents live in Andorra can benefit from a scholarship based on social criteria under the same conditions than foreign students living in France.