BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMPOSITION
The Board of Directors of each regional centre is chaired by the education officer and is additionally composed of twenty-six members:
- Seven representatives of the State chosen, among the regional administrations interested in the CROUS activities, by the prefect where the centre is located (on proposal from the education officer)
- Seven elected student representatives
- Three staff representatives, of whom two represent the worker staff and one the administrative staff (on proposal from the trade-union organisations representative in the centre’s jurisdiction)
- Two presidents or directors of higher education institutions appointed by the education officer
- Four leading figures chosen for their competence by the education officer
- One representative of the region where the centre’s head-office is located
- Two representatives of the regional authorities.
STATUS OF THE VICE-PRESIDENT STUDENT
The vice-president of the Board of Directors is elected by the administrators among the 7 tenured members representing the students.
- He is enrolled in a two years renewable mandate.
- He is permanently linked to the CROUS management but is not manager. He is administrator of the CROUS and doesn’t have any power on the CROUS staff.
- He is associated to diverse activities such as the preparation of the Board of Directors, the university development plan or the organization of specific work groups.
- He participates in the permanent section and is a full member of every committees of the Board of Directors.
- Besides, the vice-president has to preside the “culture actions” commission.